With our current muck storyline planned for resolution on the 15th, it gives me no small satisfaction to be able to announce that Winter Wrap-Up is close at hoof. Barring unforeseen circumstance, I am going to schedule Equestriamuck's Winter Wrap-Up to begin on Thursday, March 20th, and continue until Saturday the 22nd. In character, of course, the event will be taking place as if it were a single day.
We had great success with splitting the RP into three teams last year, with each team's RP being lead by the IC team leader-- Miss Fluttershy the animal team, Miss Dash the weather ponies, and Miss Applejack the planting team. Miss Sparkle, of course, co-ordinating the Ponyville activities for maximum efficiency. I see no reason not to continue with this plan this year as well. If the team leaders would like to make any special plans for their own RP areas, please contact me regarding what I might do to help.
If anypony wishes to suggest complications, smaller scenes, or other events associated with Winter Wrap-Up, please feel free to post them on this thread. If there is a scheduling conflict with the team leaders, we will do what we can to accommodate them, of course. But I am looking forward to ushering in Spring to our little corner of Equestria.
If only Miss Applejack would let me plant a few Deathrattle Gourds this year. ._.
In the absence of suggestions (which is a bit disappointing), I'll come up with some of my own.
* The recent upheaval of night and day may have destabilized the weather in various ways. The normal cycle of cool nights and warm days and the winds resulting from this cycle may have been disturbed somehow. Maybe there are temperature inversions. Maybe clouds from the Everfree are getting loose. Maybe there's something even weirder going on, like pockets of stray night mixed into daytime clouds. Maybe another constellation will attack, like when Scorpio attacked the creation of Twilight Sparkle's (now crumbled) statue.
* There may be rivalries between multiple ponies who were hoping to be named leader of the same team. They may both want to do the job their way to prove themselves the best, and this conflict could cause problems.
* Maybe someone even resents the idea of a princess directing Ponyville's traditionally downhome Wrap-Up proceedings, considering it ostentatious or otherwise inappropriate. Will there be a call for Twilight to step down from the role?
* The birds have gone missing! Ditzy Doo (Derpy's half-sister whom anyone can spoof if they like) may have flown south for once to get the southern birds... followed by flying east or something!
* There are Too Many Bugs. When the snow gets taken off the ground, they start crawling -EVERYWHERE-.
That's off the top 23% of my head! I hope someone comes up with something! I'll be back around 8:30 or so.